jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mihai Anescu" <mane...@totalsoft.ro>
Subject RE: [jcr-rmi] How to configure for RMI-Lookup
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:24:26 GMT
Hello Markus,

To expose JR via RMI you need a RMI jar for JR:
jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-1.3.jar (we're using JR 1.3, so the name may be
different). You just copy it into the server/default/deploy/ folder of
JBoss.

And that exposes a RemoteRepository. I guess you can change the
endpoint...

Here's some code to try it:

        Credentials cred = new SimpleCredentials("user",
"pwd".toCharArray());
        RemoteSession session = null;

        properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
        properties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
        properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost:1099");
        InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(properties);

        Object obj = ctx.lookup("jnp://localhost:1099/jcrServer");

        RemoteRepository repo = (RemoteRepository) obj;
        session = repo.login(cred);