jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Steven Githens <sgith...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Escaping XPATH Queries and more
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:51:03 GMT
Julian Reschke wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the only thing in
>
>     2f43f30b-f1cc-4b62-803b-dd37c2be1693
>
> that needs to be escaped would be the leading digit:
>
>     _x0032_2f43f30b-f1cc-4b62-803b-dd37c2be1693
>
> (check out
> <http://people.apache.org/~mreutegg/jcr-query-translator/translator.html>,
> really useful for testing).
Thanks Julian, that fixed the problem.

Is there a utility method or class somewhere that can be used for
escaping these paths?  These often come from dynamically generated paths
by users, and I am unsure of all the exact rules that need to be parsed
and escaped.  Or, I would at least like to use some code that has been
tested by others. ;)

Thanks,
Steve