jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Markus Reis <markus.r...@researchstudio.at>
Subject [jcr-rmi] How to configure for RMI-Lookup
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:15:57 GMT
Hi,

as far as I understand, the jcr-rmi server configuration registers the
server/repository via JNDI
   jackrabbit-rmi-service.xml:
       <attribute
name="RemoteAddress">jnp://localhost:1099/jcrServer</attribute>

Some (unfortunately most) Jackrabbit/JCR clients (e.g.:
http://www.day.com/eclipse/) however use classical RMI lookup
((RemoteRepository)Naming.lookup("rmi://localhost:1099/jcrServer");) in
order to get a handle to the remote repository, which results in a
"non-JRMP server at remote endpoint" java.rmi.ConnectIOException, due to
the fact that there's no traditional RMI registry running on 1099, but
rather a JNDI registry.

Is it possible to change the configuration (in
jackrabbit-rmi-service.xml?) so that the server-side/remote repository
gets bound to a traditional RMI registry and if yes what do I have to
change?

kind regards,
Markus

PS: I'm working with jackrabbit 1.3.1 and JBoss 4.0.5

--
Mag. Markus Reis

Austrian Research Centers GmbH - ARC
Research Studios