jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Noah Vihinen <nvihi...@maven.net>
Subject Rebuild Lucene Index For Clustered Node
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:30:42 GMT
I want to confirm the behavior of lucene search index rebuilding in a
clustered environment.  Our clustered environment is configured to
use the database journal table to keep the nodes in sync.  When one
node rebuilds its lucene search index, does it rebuild it by
replaying every relevant change in the journal table?

In our experience this is true.  Assuming this is the case, is there
any way to 'reset' the journal table, and make the lucene search
indexes rebuild off of the actual persistent node/property/vale state
in the DB, rather than the journal table entries?

Thanks,
Noah