jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Collections - OCM
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 06:50:34 GMT
Sorry for the delay I was very busy this week.

Which inheritance strategy are you using ? Are you using the a discriminator
or a different node type per Class ?

There are 2 possibilities :

1/ Using a different node type per class in the hierarchy, here is a example
from the unit test. The implement-descriptor is not mandatory.

<class-descriptor
className="org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.testmodel.inheritance.impl.FolderImpl"
jcrType="ocm:folderimpl"

extend="org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.testmodel.inheritance.impl.CmsObjectImpl"
discriminator="false"  >
  <implement-descriptor
interfaceName="org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.testmodel.interfaces.Folder"
/>
   <collection-descriptor fieldName="children" proxy="true" autoUpdate="false"

elementClassName="org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.testmodel.inheritance.impl.CmsObjectImpl"

collectionConverter="org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.collectionconverter.impl.NTCollectionConverterImpl"
/>
</class-descriptor >

2/ Using a discriminator (discriminator =true). It  can be used when you are
using the same node type for the complete class hierarchy. There is no unit
tests on collection-descriptor with a discriminator. So, I will write a new
unit test for this use cases and I will give some feedback. So maybe there
are some bug for this kind of situation.

Again sorry for the delay.

br,
Christophe