jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Can UUID be changed?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:53:02 GMT
Hi Gene,

one solution is:
(1) Export the nodes (probably system view).
(2) Remove the nodes.
(3) Import the nodes again.

Exporting/Importing preserves the UUID ;)

regards,
david

On 10/2/07, Evgeniy Strokin <evgeniy.strokin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have such problem: our own system uses jackrabbit and refer to nodes by UUID.
> Lets say we need to remove some items temporarily but completely from jackrabbit.
> After some time we want to get them back and map them back to our system. But when we
put the items back jackrabbit creates UUID automatically. Now, using some special criteria
we want to find an item and change it's UUID using value from our system.