jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Wider <pat_wi...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : Re : Re : Binary Content Search Problem...
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:23:15 GMT
Well.. I stole the code snippet from an online tutorial about JCR.... it was actually just
to test some XPath queries..and I did trust the content of that code (which is btw not about
JackRabbit, but the JCR api).
But you're right, the encoding set to "" is non-sense...

Anyway, my query works fine, so the mystery is raised thanks to you guys....

Thank you very much,

BR,
Patrick

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org; Patrick Wider <pat_wider@yahoo.fr>
Envoyé le : Mardi, 23 Octobre 2007, 12h31mn 13s
Objet : Re: Re : Re : Binary Content Search Problem...

Hi,

On 10/23/07, Patrick Wider <pat_wider@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>    Node res1 = file1.addNode("jcr:content", "nt:resource");
>    res1.setProperty("jcr:mimeType", mimetype);
>    res1.setProperty("jcr:encoding", "");

Gotcha. The current PlainTextExtractor class will use the jcr:encoding
value as-is if the property is available, and fail silently (I guess
we should at least add some logging...) if the encoding is not
supported by the JVM.

You should either not set the jcr:encoding property at all or set it
to a valid encoding name.

BR,

Jukka Zitting