jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From bilobag <bilo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit/Hibernate/Spring Transactions using JTA
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:05:42 GMT

Ok, so i've been trying to figure out how I can set up transactions so that
they will wrap around jackrabbit calls and hibernate calls and rollback both
if an exception occurs. I currently have Jackrabbit and hibernate both using
an Oracle 10 db with Jackrabbit saving binary files to the filesystem.   I
have read multiple posts and articles and am having a hard time figuring out
what I need to do.  We are currently using Jackrabbit, hibernate and spring
on the tomcat 6 server.  Now, it seems like i need to use a JTA
implementation like JOTM, Jencks or BTM(bitronix).  I'm still not sure which
is recommended after reading articles by Matt Raible.  Now, if I use JTA,
does that mean that I need to use the JCA Jackrabbit package?  If so, is
this package up to date with all the same functionality as the current
jackrabbit 1.3.3 version?  The JCA package looks like it includes all of the
regular jackrabbit jarfiles in it, but i'm not sure if they are the same.
I'm a finding transaction management very complicated and difficult so far,
so any advice on this subject is appreciated.  It seems like nobody has
definitive answers or recommendations.  I assume I need to use the
JtaTransactionManager, but i do not know what JTA implementation to use and
how to configure it with Jackrabbit in Spring.  It looks like BTM has a
fairly simple configuration, but it requires a connectionPool to be
configured which Jackrabbit doesn't have.  It would be ideal if there were a
transaction manager that could join the JCR LocalTransactionManager and the
HibernateTransactionManager.  Any info you can give is much appreciated.