jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rich K." <rich.ku...@connectyourcare.com>
Subject Re: Migrating from DerbyPersistence
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:44:57 GMT

I was able to import/export my data using session.exportSystemView() and
workspace.importXML() and it was looking pretty good until I attempted to
add a new node.  When I go to add a new node, we checkin the node itself and
when it attempts to checkin the parent node, that is when I get a NPE.  This
is the line which throws the NPE in AbstractVersionManager String
versionName = best.getName().getLocalName();  It looks like if no version
was available best would not be set.  So when I check the parent node which
is failing, parentNode.getBaseBersion().getPredecessors().length returns 0.
I am wonder after I run importXML, do I need to do something to initialize
the versions?

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.AbstractVersionManager.calculateCheckinVersionName(AbstractVersionManager.java:440)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.AbstractVersionManager.checkin(AbstractVersionManager.java:374)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl$2.run(VersionManagerImpl.java:289)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl$DynamicESCFactory.doSourced(VersionManagerImpl.java:564)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.checkin(VersionManagerImpl.java:285)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.XAVersionManager.checkin(XAVersionManager.java:161)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.checkin(NodeImpl.java:3006)
	at com.cc.framework.util.NodeUtil.checkin(NodeUtil.java:674)