jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From BobHitchins <robert.hitchins....@navy.mil>
Subject Can't add Nodes to CND constrained Repository
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:10:31 GMT

Hi All - Need some help plz (JCR newbie)

I have the following CND file (exerpt from ConopsJCR.cnd) that works just
fine:
<?xml version "1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<nodeTypes
     xmlns:fn.......
     xmlns:jcr.........
     xmlns:nt.........
     xmlns:sv........
     xmlns:xs.........
     xmlns:xml........
     <nodeType
          hasOrderableChildNodes="false"
          isMixin="true"
          name="nt:PermissionTemplate"
          primaryItemName="nt:templateName">
          <supertypes>
               <supertype>mix:versionable</supertype>
          </supertypes?
          <propertyDefinition
               autoCreated="false"
               mandatory="true"
               multiple="false"
               name="nt:description"
               onParentVersion="VERSION"
               protected="false"
               requiredType="String"/>
          <propertyDefinition
               autoCreated="false"
               mandatory="true"
               multiple="false"
               name="nt:templateName"
               onParentVersion="VERSION"
               protected="false"
               requiredType="String"/>
     </nodeType>
</nodeTypes>

When I execute the following code (logging code removed), I always get a "no
definition found in parent node's node type for new node" error in the log
and a Constraint Violation exception.  I've looked for some simple
implementing code to show me what I should be doing, but haven't been able
to find it.  Please let me what I'm doing wrong :-)

import javax.jcr.Node;
import javax.jcr.Repository;
import javax.jcr.Session;
import javax.jcr.SimpleCredentials;
import javax.jcr.Workspace;

import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository;

public class JCRTest {
		String user = "bob";

		SimpleCredentials myCredentials = new SimpleCredentials(user,
user.toCharArray());
		Repository repository = new TransientRepository();
		Session session = repository.login(myCredentials);

		try {
			Workspace ws = session.getWorkspace();
			CustomNodeType.RegisterCustomNodeTypes(ws, "ConopsJCR.cnd");
			Node root = session.getRootNode();
			root.addNode("PermissionTemplate", "nt:PermissionTemplate");
			session.save();
		}
		finally {
			session.logout();