jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From thirdnormal <nab...@thirdnormal.com>
Subject Day Software's JCR Eclipse Plugin
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 00:02:37 GMT

I am using Day Software's free Eclipse Plugin  (  http://www.day.com/eclipse
) for browsing my Jackrabbit repository connecting through RMI.

I love the plugin - its the most comprehensive one I have found and will fit
well into our development environment. However - i am unable to edit
property values. I am not sure if this is by design - or if this is a bug in
my environment. Since I am able to add new properties and add / edit nodes -
it would seem that it should be able to edit property values.

What happens is that when I select a property in the JCR Repository view the
property details appear in the Property View. I then select the value field
in the Property View - but I get no editable control. When i start typing
with the value selected I do get an edit box in the bottom right of my
eclipse IDE (it seems out of place down there - like there is a bug with the
positioning of the box). However - I see no way to update the property
value.

Is  anyone familiar with this plugin and its capabilities?  Can anyone else
edit property values in this plugin?

I am running Eclipse 3.3.0 in case that makes a difference.

Thanks.

David Kendall
Lithium Technologies