jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From woolly <p.b...@lbs-ltd.com>
Subject CMS Functionality In An nt:resource ?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:44:59 GMT

Hi all,

I have recently had a problem where I was trying to import a large xml
document into the jackrabbit repository. The repository expanded hugely
during import. I solved this problem by having some elements of the xml
stored as an nt:resource node (as jcr:data with an xml mimetype).

Now I've got the problem that I want repository features such as versioning
and referencing to apply to some parts of the xml that is stored in the
nt:resource. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to implement this?
I'm thinking about taking the xml chunk I want to version out of the
nt:resource and then storing it somewhere else. But then, what's the best
way of making the link between the nt:resource xml and the new "exploded"
xml?

Is there a better way to allow repository features to apply to parts of xml
stored in an nt:resource?

Thanks for any help,

Phil.