jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM Rule #6: Files are Files are Files.
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:12:12 GMT
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 30.10.2007, 11:14 +0100 schrieb David Nuescheler:
> But as Julian said, this is debated regularly.
> I must admit though that I have never understood the argument
> from the "other side" ;) ...and that's why in my model the meta properties
> always live on nt:resource.

When assuming the Unix FS analogy of the nt:file node being the
directory entry and the nt:resource node being the INode (aka file
data), it becomes quite clear that file contents related meta data
should reside in the jcr:content (extension of jcr:resource usually)
child node of the nt:file node. The nt:file node is the "name" and
besides ACL will not have more.

Considering this, it also makes sense to not have the last modification
time in the nt:file node but to have the creation time there ...

Regards
Felix