jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure jcr plugin to point to existing repository
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:21:02 GMT
Hi Markus,

Am Dienstag, den 16.10.2007, 14:48 +0200 schrieb Markus Reis:
> Hi Felix,
>

> if I try to connect (i.e. click on "Finish") to my jackrabbit repos
> (running on jboss) via rmi://localhost:1099/jcrServer (I also tried
> //localhost:1099/jcrServer in "Repository RMI URL" field), I get the
> following exception:
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: non-JRMP server at remote endpoint:
> non-JRMP server at remote endpoint

The correct URL is the one without the scheme, //localhost... that is.
The name you add to the URL is the one used to register the Repository
in the ServerAdapterFactory. If you enter //localhost:1099 in the URL
field (provided your RMI registry is running on the default port 1099)
you may click on the "Browse..." button to the right to get a list of
repositories registered at the addressed RMI registry.

Selecting one of those, should do the trick.

> Client side:
> CRX Feature for Eclipse, Version 3.5.1

The most recent version is 3.6.2. You might want to update your feature
from http://www.day.com/eclipse using the Eclipse Update Manager.

> Did you already test with repositories running on JBoss?

To be honest, now :-) But this should actually not make a difference. If
the repository is registered using the Jackrabbit RMI
ServerAdapterFactory the standard Java RMI implementation should be
used, which AFAIK is not different for JBoss.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix