jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Day Software's JCR Eclipse Plugin
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:35:03 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 10.10.2007, 08:39 +0200 schrieb Lorenzo Dini:
> In the first version I downloaded, it was possible to use a local repository
> specifying home and repository.xml file.
>
> Using this version I could not find the same feature. It is only possible to
> use it through RMI. Has it been removed??

I removed this functionality from the plugin, because I was not very
happy with it and it made the plugin very heavy weight (counting in the
required libraries to run Jackrabbit). And then there were a lot of
misunderstandings because it was not always clear the "local" repository
means a repository running inside Eclipse and not being accessible from
the outside.

But you might look at Sling [1] wich has a jackrabbit-server bundle,
which you may want to (try to) deploy to your Eclipse environment and
then access through the plugin.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix