jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Day Software's JCR Eclipse Plugin
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:04:45 GMT
Hi David,

Am Freitag, den 05.10.2007, 17:02 -0700 schrieb thirdnormal:
> I am using Day Software's free Eclipse Plugin  (  http://www.day.com/eclipse
> ) for browsing my Jackrabbit repository connecting through RMI.
>
> I love the plugin - its the most comprehensive one I have found and will fit
> well into our development environment.

Thanks :-)

>  However - i am unable to edit
> property values. I am not sure if this is by design - or if this is a bug in
> my environment. Since I am able to add new properties and add / edit nodes -
> it would seem that it should be able to edit property values.

Yes, this is a major missing point in the plugin. It just never has been
implemented :-) The actualy implementation would probably go exactly
along the lines you sketched: Click on the property value to change it.

> Is  anyone familiar with this plugin and its capabilities?  Can anyone else
> edit property values in this plugin?

I am, because I wrote it :-)

I cannot exactly tell, when a fix for this issue would be available. But
there will certainly be one ...

Regards
Felix