jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Lost node (nodes) in JackRabbit/Lucene searches
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:42:00 GMT
Stefan Ivanov wrote:

> I use 1.3.1 of Jack Rabbit. I have the problem to loose some nodes and not
> have them listed in the query results.
> If I access the node directly (per UUID) I can get it. Searches do not
> include the node. A workaround may be to save the node once aggain. After
> this the node is back in the search result.
> Reproducing this problems is relative easy. Just stop the repository and
> delete the lucene index. Also if you have autoRecover='true'; dosn't
> help.</div>
> The questions are:
> is there a good way to recover the lucene index (manual or automatically). I
> didn't found somthing useful in web till now?
> Why happens this? We've seen it on a running repository?

There was a problem with version 1.3
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-778) where index segment might get
lost on recovery after unclean shutdowns. But this is fixed in 1.3.1 which you
stated you use. I'm not aware of any other problems which lead to nodes not
being available through the index.
But you can always shutdown your repository and delete your index directories
(e.g. <repo-home>/workspaces/default/index or <repo-home>/repository/index).
Jackrabbit will then re-index all nodes.

Cheers,
Christoph