jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Br┬čuen <dbr...@saltation.de>
Subject Access Management - Unix-Style
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 14:15:53 GMT
Hi!

After searching this list and studying documentation I have not found a
simple way of doing group-based authorization in jackrabbit.
If I got it correctly I would need either another tree in the repository
storing access permissions or some in-memory chunk of data, because the
AccessManager does not allow accessing the node in question (which -in
some respect- makes sense). On the other hand there seems almost no
alternative to this approach.

After all, this is very unsatisfying! I simply want unix-style
permissions on my nodes.
I was already thinking about storing permissions in properties and
handle the access outside of JAAS and JCR in my EJB... which is not
really good style.

Any hints are highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Dan