jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kilian Evang <KEV...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Indexing numeric properties
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:27:52 GMT
Thanks a lot, indeed I hadn't thought about the literals.
- Kilian

Kilian Evang
Intern
UIMA development
Information Management Division

Mail: kevang@de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schoenaicher Str. 220
D-71032 Boeblingen
Germany
Room 03-0046

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net>
18.09.2007 11:24
Please respond to
users@jackrabbit.apache.org

users@jackrabbit.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Indexing numeric properties

Kilian Evang wrote:
> ...are LONG and DOUBLE properties indexed? If not, (how) can I turn this

> on?

yes, LONG and DOUBLE properties are automatically indexed.

> For  example, I would like to be able to efficiently search for all
nodes
> where a certain DOUBLE property exists and is > 1000000.

if you use the correct type for the literal the query will work. 1000000
represents a LONG literal while 1000000.0 is of type double. Jackrabbit
does not
convert LONG or DOUBLE literals, which means you have to take care of the
correct type.

regards
  marcel