jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject lock question
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:30:43 GMT
Hi christoph,

thanks for the information !
this hack is for me at the moment the solution ;-)

thanks
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] Im Auftrag von Christoph Kiehl
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. September 2007 13:23
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: lock question

KÖLL Claus wrote:
> ok i will create a jira issue ..
>
> but i need a way to remove the lock from a node now.
> we have files with locks in the production environment and this is a big problem.

AFAIK, there is a "locks" file in your workspace directory (e.g.
<repohome>/workspaces/default/locks). If you shutdown your repository you can
edit this file and remove the uuids in question. You could as well delete the
file to get rid of all locks. If you now startup your repository the locks
should be gone. I would keep a backup of this file just in case.
Not sure if this helps in your situation and I would like to mention that this
is quite hacky not supported etc.
But we should definitely support this operation in the future.

Cheers,
Christoph