jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: case insensitve searches
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:09:39 GMT
Hello,

is it a search, like a jcr:contains? In principal, when you did not configure otherwise, jackrabbit
uses lucene StandardAnalyzer for indexing text, and this analyzer converts to lowercase, so
yes, when the tet was "Big" and you search for "big" or "Big" you get the same hits

When testing for equality in xpath, I think from the top of my head that it is case sensitive
(though you can very easily test this yourself in a jr unit test).

Regards Ard