jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error with cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:26:38 GMT
hi lorenzo

On 9/21/07, Lorenzo Dini <Lorenzo.Dini@cern.ch> wrote:
> Sorry... WRONG Subject :-)
>
> Hi,
>
> I get this error starting the repository and the data seems corrupted.
>

> failed to retrieve item state of item
> cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe: failed to read node state:
> cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe

this seems pretty alarming, since cafebabe-... denotes the very root node
of your repository ;-)

> Does anybody know:
> 1) Why this happens and how to avoid it
> 2) How to recover a corrupted repository without loosing the data

in order for us to be able to help you we'll need to provide more
detailed information, such as

- jackrabbit version
- configuration (used persistence manager etc)
- your setup/environment/deployment
- log output
- full stack trace if possible
- what were the last operations/actions before the problem started
  to occur

cheers
stefan