jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Security Configuration in repository.xml
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:19:11 GMT
On 9/21/07, thirdnormal <nabble@thirdnormal.com> wrote:

> Nunny wrote:
> >
> > How can access.xml be used to define security configurations and what
> > should
> > it's format be ? I tried to find a
> > sample access.xml in the source but wasn't able to. I would be really
> > thankful if someone can give me a brief
> > explanation about these configurations.
> >

> Does anyone know the answer to this question? I am also wondering the same
> thing.

SimpleAccessManager is a just mock implementation of the
o.a.j.c.security.AccessManager interface. it's there for demonstrational
purposes only. there are several @todo comments in the source code
of SimpleAccessManager that indicate where a custom implementation
would want to insert custom authorization code.

WRT access.xml: there's no such file. the commented out element
in the respository.xml is just an example how to configure/parameterize
a custom AccessManager implementation, e.g.:

       <AccessManager class="my.app.CustomAccessManager">
           <param name="config" value="${rep.home}/access.xml"/>
           <param name="foo" value="bar"/>
       </AccessManager>

cheers
stefan