jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues with DBPersistenceManager
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:53:54 GMT
On 9/20/07, Kaizer <Kaizers@mastek.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the SimpleDBPersistenceManager as my persistence storage. However,
> initializing the repository and saving nodes takes a very long time. The> same is
not observed when using Derby or a file persistence mechanism. Am i

DerbyPersistenceManager and SimpleDbPersistenceManager are, apart from
the overridden closeConnection() method, identical.

the difference is that derby is an embedded database (i.e. no network
overhead),
while you're probably using a standalone db (i.e. remote calls).

using BundleDbPersistenceManager will provide a significant performance
improvement when using a standalone db since it reduces the number of
database calls.

cheers
stefan