jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to retrieve state of intermediary node
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:10:21 GMT
On 9/7/07, Sudhan <s.kanade@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for your response. I could not respond you back because of some
> issues which i got stuck into. Any ways the problem which i had mentioned
> here was very strange and found a workaround for that.
>
> Now to get the contentNode i.e. jcr:conent node, i was doing :
>
> Node rn = session.getRootNode();
> Node contentNode = rn.getNode("file.txt/jcr:content");
>
> but now I change the code little bit to get conentNode by performing :
>
>  Node contentNode = null;
>  Node  fileNode = rn.getNode(absNode);
>  NodeIterator nodes = fileNode.getNodes();
>  while (nodes.hasNext()) {
>      Node tempNode = nodes.nextNode();
>      if((fileNode.getPath+"/jcr:content").equals(tempNode.getPath())){
>             contentNode = tempNode;
>             break;
>      }
>   }

hmm, this seems rather awkward. the following stmt should produce
the same result:

  Node  contentNode = rn.getNode(absNode + "/jcr:content");

if it doesn't (which would be really strange), you might have encountered
a jackrabbit bug. please create a jira issue and attach a simple generic
test case. we'd also need to know if this issue is RMI-related or not.

thanks
stefan