jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundled PM tmp files filling up tomcat
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:31:39 GMT
On 9/7/07, harvey waters <harvey.waters@googlemail.com> wrote:
> No sorry I don't have a test case. I just got a 'Disk Full' error on our
> live server and then took a look in the tomcat temp directory and found all
> the binaries going back to when we installed the system. I thought these
> binaries were used as a BLOB cache for JackRabbit, if so I guessed there
> might be a way of managing them.

assuming you configured jackrabbit to store blobs in the db
(i.e. externalBlobs=false), reading a binary property value
(e.g. node.getProperty("bin").getStream()) will cause the blob
to be spooled from the db to a temp file. note that only *one*
temp file will be created. the temp file will be automatically
deleted when it's not being referenced anymore and the associated
Property object is evicted from the cache. life expectancy of
such a temp file should therefore be rather short.

cheers
stefan