jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccessManager Security with Acegi
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:19:46 GMT
On 9/4/07, bilobag <bilobag@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently using Spring and Acegi in a web application with Jackrabbit as
> my repository.  Is it possible to use an AccessManager with Acegi for
> security?  Ideally, i would like to have the AccessManager
> checkPermissions() everytime a node is retrieved from the repository.  I
> would like to have a user login, load all privileges for that user (type of
> access to certain node uuid's), store those privileges either in the session
> or load them into the AccessManager, then have checkPermissions() be called
> for every node retrieval.  However, I'm not sure how i can have the
> AccessManager either access a session scoped object or load the
> AccessManager with a set of priveleges on login.  Does anyone have an advice
> or suggestions?  Am I thinking of this in the wrong way?

you could either

- pass arbitrary parameters to your access manager by adding e.g.

            <param name="config" value="${rep.home}/access.xml"/>

   to the <AccessManager/> element in the repository config.

- subclass RepositoryImpl and SessionImpl and override
   RepositoryImpl#createSessionInstance() and
   SessionImpl#createAccessManager()

cheers
stefan