jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Waschkowski" <mwaschkow...@gmail.com>
Subject column specifier
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:23:03 GMT
Hi,

I am having some difficulty with column specifiers and, surprisingly, didn't
see any previous mention of it in the mailing list yet.

On p.98 and 99 of the spec, it discusses column specifiers (which filter
results showing only the columns the user is interested in) and states:
" Support is only required for single-value, non-residual
properties that are declared in or inherited by the node types
specified in the type constraint. It is optional to allow specification
of residual properties as columns. "

My understanding of this is that column specifiers can only be used for
properties of a node that have been declared using custom node types? Is
that correct? If so, I'm curious about why of this choice? Is it somehow
performance/indexing related ?

Cheers,

Mark