jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "AJ Chen" <cano...@gmail.com>
Subject model 2 repository startup exception
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:28:41 GMT
Hi, I'm setting up jackrabbit repository as described in model 2 deployment:
(1) put v1.3.1 jars in  [tomcat5.5]/common/lib; (2) add a global naming
resource in [tomcat5.5]/conf/server.xml; (3) add a resource link in [
tomcat5.5]/conf/context.xml. In one of my apps, I look up JNDI context for
repository using the following code:
                    final InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
                    final Context environment =
(Context)context.lookup("java:comp/env");
                    repo  =
(Repository)environment.lookup("jcr/repository");

But, it throws an exception: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository

Any idea why?  I have all necessary jackrabbit 1.3.1 jars,  but I may still
missing something.

thanks,
AJ
http://web2express.org