jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database Persistence Backup
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:33:49 GMT
Hi,

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work. However

- The repository must be closed before coping (source and target)

- The reference to the database must be changed in all config files
(repository.xml and workspaces/*/workspace.xml files)

- The files must be copied as well (directories 'repository',
'version', and 'workspaces') unless you use the same files of course

- Merging repositories or 'partial copy' is not possible in that way

- You can't easily migrate currently from one database product to
another (for example MySQL to PostgreSQL).

I hope this helps,
Thomas