jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Local content replication
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:41:51 GMT
Hi,

> Right now I'm assuming binary data is written directly to the
> file system even when using "SimpleDbPersistenceManager".

You can configure this. See
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/state/db/SimpleDbPersistenceManager.html

SimpleDbPersistenceManager
 It is configured through the following properties:
    * driver: the FQN name of the JDBC driver class
    * url: the database url of the form jdbc:subprotocol:subname
    * user: the database user
    * password: the user's password
    * schema: type of schema to be used (e.g. mysql, mssql, etc.);
    * schemaObjectPrefix: prefix to be prepended to schema objects
    * externalBLOBs: if true (the default) BINARY values (BLOBs) are
stored in the local file system; if false BLOBs are stored in the
database

The last option is what you are looking for.

Another idea would be to use the new DataStore, but first somebody
would need to build a 'replicating data store'.

Thomas