jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OCM] Binary values from byte[] field
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:55:19 GMT
Christophe Lombart wrote:
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> I'm not 100 % sure that is related to a charset mismatch. This is not easy
> to find the solution right now.
> It seems that happens when you try open it after a second save right ? When
> you open it after the first save, is it working ?
> What do you mean by can't open it' ? Did you get an exception ?
>

> Anyway, we should give the possibility to use  this constructor  : public
> String(byte[] bytes, String charsetName)
> But I'm just wondering how is possible to get the charset from this code
> location (ByteArrayTypeConverterImpl).

I might be out of context, but wouldn't it be better to treat a binary
values as a binary and not convert it into a String? Any conversion of
arbitrary data to a String can lead to problems no matter what encoding
you're using. So perhaps just using a byte array input stream would be
better?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler