jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV component usage example
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:38:22 GMT
On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 04:14:27PM +0100, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> If you need a generic webdav servlet to connect to some backend which is
> not jackrabbit specific, then there's also the webdav servlet that comes
> with tomcat. Is uses jndi to read / write to the filesystem, but it's
> quite easy to replace this with calls to whichever backend you have.

I understand your point, but what if I want to employ JackRabbit's WebDAV
functionality, just keeping in mind I need to create some kind of intermediate
layer to not pass requests directly to JCR repository, but use some additional
storages? We are going to use JackRabbit as a generic storage for CMS, but
have to keep in mind there's old legacy storage we need to support as well?
Something like lightweight bridge between JCR repository/legacy repository
with WebDAV access?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky