jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JCR and legacy systems?
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 09:30:26 GMT
Hi Guys,

I think there is a short to medium-term need for JCR connectors
to closed source legacy repositories.

Many of those legacy repositories to my knowledge don't offer
licenses that allow people to build connectors in open source.

There are JCR connectors available in particular to popular
legacy DMS from various connector vendors.

At Day Software we for example ship connectors to
the following systems:

EMC Documentum V5.2.5, V5.3
FileNet P8 Content Manager 3.5
IBM Lotus Notes V6.5, V7.0
Interwoven TeamSite 6.5
Microsoft SharePoint 2003
OpenText Livelink 9.5, 9.6, 9.7
Vignette V7.3.0.5

http://www.day.com/site/en/index/products/content-centric_infrastructure/Content_Repository_Connectors.html

which from a technical perspective vary slightly in functionality but
are roughly Level 1 + Observation and a couple of other JCR features.

I agree with Jukka that the SPI route seems to be the most effective approach
to get to a "Level 2 and up" connector. This is also the approach that we are
using at Day for rolling out the "Level 2 and up" features into our connectors.

regards,
david