jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: case insensitve searches
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:44:40 GMT

On 24 Sep 2007, at 23:17, Mark Waschkowski wrote:

> I saw from earlier messages that there is a function 'fn:lower-
> case' to
> allow searches to be done by making search criteria lower case, but
> I need
> something a bit less constrained. We have data in a repository that
> has a
> title with case, and an input box that our users can input values
> to search
> on (for said title). They may not be sure of the case of the title,
> so we
> need to do a case insensitive search.
>
> ie.
> Stored as: "The Big Company"
> Input as: Big company
>
> and see a hit in the results. Does jackrabbit support this?

The fn:lower-case doesn't necessarily apply to the search string. It
can apply to the field you're searching, so you'd get exactly what
you're after.

Eg. I do something like

String queryString = "/jcr:root/nen:content" + path + "//element
(*,nen:tag)[jcr:like(fn:lower-case(@nen:tag),'" + queryString + "%')]";

The queryString I've already converted to lowercase using plain java
method.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com