jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From bilobag <bilo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Authorization with ACL and permissions
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 04:22:55 GMT

We have decided that our client requires user based authentication for our
app.  Now i've seen some posts about people storing an acl list in each
node.  However, I am wondering how the performance is for this.  We
originally wanted to use a database with hibernate to manage the user node
permissions, but it seems like it could be a performance issue considering
that we may have to do inserts for hundreds of rows per node (number of
users x number of permissions).  I think this would cause a significant
performance issue.  If I were to do the same in jackrabbit and store these
user permissions in each node, would this be a performance issue?  Is this
the recommended method of storing user node permissions?  I currently am
using jackrabbit backed by an oracle database.  Any advice is appreciated
since we've been discussing this issue for a week now.  Thanks.