jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From loproman <lopro...@gmail.com>
Subject Replicating Data Store
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:13:17 GMT

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply, it definitely clears a few things up for me. I like
your suggestion of a new Data Store. On a scale of 1-10, how difficult do
you think it would be?

I was thinking it would be a matter of launching a thread for each write
operation performed. There would have to be a database configured on the
second drive, but after the write completes the threads just join. This
would keep everything in sync as far as I can tell (with the exception of a
hardware error). This doesn't seem like a huge modification outside of
adding some configuration options and probably duplication of the schema to
the second drive on init.

Your thoughts?