jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From loproman <lopro...@gmail.com>
Subject Local content replication
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:26:06 GMT

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm having to make some big decisions with
very little time to fully understand the Jackrabbit product. I was hoping
someone could help me get pointed in the right direction so I might continue
investigating my options.

I'm planning on embedding Jackrabbit into a content management application
that runs on a desktop. One requirement is to back up content is in real
(enough) time. The underlying hardware will be configured such that there
are two physical drives. When data is written to a master drive, I need it
to write simultaneously to a slave drive.

RAID is too inefficient because it may involve overhead from other
applications running on the same device.

However, I was wondering if observation as offered by Jackrabbit would be a
good option. Right now I'm assuming binary data is written directly to the
file system even when using "SimpleDbPersistenceManager". It's kind of a
radical assumption on my part, but avoiding blobs seems to be a normal
practice. Please correct me if I am wrong. If my assumption is correct, it
doesn't seem like db level replication would be an option since it would
miss the binary content.

Your experience is very much appreciated.

Lindsay