jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From stefan81 <stefan.schla...@process-relations.com>
Subject File formats in windows WebDav client
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:21:05 GMT

Hi all,

I am able to browse my repository from my windows explorer working as a
WebDAV client.

What confuses me, is that I can open Office files (doc, xls, ppt) directly
from the browser by double-clicking. Other formats like pdf, jpg and rtf
cannot be opened via WebDav. They have to be stored locally first before I
can open them.

Why is this? Is this a windows issue? Or is this due to the WebDAV-support
the applications (word, pdf) offer? Or is this a configuration issue on the
server-side (specification of mime-types)?

Googling didnĀ“t really help me! Some inspirations would be nice.

Regards