jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Clark Chang <clark.ch...@thomson.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 1.3.1 Cache Management, some questions
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:56:31 GMT

Hi, We are using jackrabbit as the server mode accessing through RMI,
The standard way to acces it:

ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
Repository repository = factory.getRepository(name);
Credentials credentials = new SimpleCredentials("user",
"pass".toCharArray());
Session session = repository.login(credentials);
try {
//do stuff
}finally{
 session.logout();
}

The questions is if I forget to call session.logout(), I notice the
CacheManager size get increased and after running this main routine several
times, eventually performance will degrade and will cause out of the memory
error.
This case is intentional, of course is the application developer's fault.
But in case there are RMI clients die without any chance to call the clean
up code, would have the same effect. Does jackrabbit have any defensive
mechnism, at least something like timeout to prevent this?

Thanks.

Clark