jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sudhan <s.kan...@gmail.com>
Subject javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to retrieve state of intermediary node
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:13:36 GMT

Hi,

I am getting some errors while adding the same file which was deleted from
the repository a while ago. The error stack i am getting is :

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to retrieve state of
intermediary node: 275954e5-acab-4945-ae
00-a56f71c9a95c
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerObject.getRepositoryException(ServerObject.java:136)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerNode.getNode(ServerNode.java:229)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor86.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerNode_Stub.getNode(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientNode.getNode(ClientNode.java:228)

There are two sessions which are involved in our application. First is a
client session which deletes the existing file node and is successfully
deleted from the repository. Next step is to add same file to the existing
location relative to root, which gets added. Now there is another session
which is used to register events from the repository and then eventually
pull out some meta data for that added file node.

Now my problem starts when i get an event for added file node, and when i
try to get the current version for that node from the version history while
doing :

Node rn = session.getRootNode();
Node contentNode = rn.getNode("file.txt/jcr:content");

But application throws error while accessing the jcr:content node and gives
the above mentioned stack trace.

Am I doing any thing different to get hold of jcr:content node and it works
perfectly fine while adding new files and  files with different names.

thansk,

Sudhan