jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Same name siblings with OCM
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:06:16 GMT
Am Montag, den 01.10.2007, 07:47 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On 9/29/07, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...As a side-node, IMHO (private and personal and not endorsed by anyone)
> > same-name-sibblings are a design error of the initial spec and should be
> > avoided...
>
> Is there a config option in Jackrabbit that disables same name siblings?

Not that I would know of

> It might be useful to have that for people who adhere to your view
> (which is shared by many as I understand). But maybe that would be
> against the spec?

If I understand the spec correctly, the only way for a repository to
prevent SNS is to not have node types defined with same-name-sibblings.
As Jackrabbit supports the creation of new node types,
same-name-sibblings cannot be prevented on a repository-level.

So the only solution is to not use them at all and spread the word :-)

Regards
Felix