jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Class definition changes - OCM
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:02:39 GMT
Hi,

Class Definition changes by themselves don't matter to the OCM,
especially if it only matters for adding properties. If you adapt the
class mappgins correctly, you still may access the old properties while
at the same time support the new attributes.

Another point concerns the JCR node types storing the data: If you store
the data in nt:unstructured nodes using a discriminator property, you
will not have to change anything to the repository. Otherwise, you will
be faced with adapting the node types to take care of the new attributes
of the class. This is outside of the scope of OCM as node type
management is currently not standardized in the JCR (it will be in the
upcoming JSR-283 aka JCR 2 specification) and you will have to use
internal Jackrabbit classes for this and only have limited API support
to modify node types.

Regards
Felix