jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: reporting
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:31:13 GMT
Hi Mark,
We are using a mixed setup of a) JackRabbit for all content management and
b) relational database for all non-content related data e.g. transactions.
The transaction data includes content IDs.
To allow us to cross-reference the IDs to properties (title, price etc) in
the content model we're 'warehousing' some parts of our content model into a
relational database using the JCR observation model. We're then using one of
the many relational reporting tools to do rich reporting.
You could do the same in batch by traversing the repository and synch'ing
some parts into a relational database. The warehousing strategy is not ideal
as you end of duplicating content properties but it works well once your
synch code is reliable.

Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Waschkowski [mailto:mwaschkowski@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 September 2007 02:36
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: reporting

Hi,

Just about to embark on some reporting screens and wanted to see if there
were any suggestions from the board - are there any reporting tools that can
easily hook into jackrabbit, or do I need to export everything into xml and
then find reporting tools that work on the xml? If its export into xml
(which is my guess), any favorites that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Mark