jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jacco van Weert" <1111softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ItemNotFoundException: Orphaned item
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:37:29 GMT
On 8/30/07, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/30/07, Jacco van Weert <1111software@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Stefan
> >

> > I use Jackrabbit 1.3.1 with Java 1.6.0_02 (Linux).
> > I have a servlet application which uses the TransientRepository. There
> is
> > one "admin" session which is used for e.g. expiring objects and every
> > incoming call has it's own Session.
>
> is the 'admin' session possibly shared among multiple threads?

Yes, some actions are done by the admin session.... I guess I should
synchronize on the admin session?

> > I have no extensions (except for the extractor). I do have my own
> > AccesManager.
>
> does your AccesManager access the repository (i.e. read nodes/properties)?

Yes but those methods (which pass the accessmanager again) follow a
different code path.

what persistence manager are you using?

The standard derby db, no change on the default

does more than one node cause the above mentioned exception?

It's only one node but it prevents any action in that part of the tree.

are you able to read the said node(s) by calling Session#getNodeByUuid()?

> the exception actually refers to a node that has a 'null' parentId.
> what jcr call
> does cause the exception, i mean how do you access the affected node
> in the first place?

I will get back to you on those questions tomorrow.

Jacco

--
Jacco van Weert -- 1111software@gmail.com