jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jacco van Weert" <1111softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ItemNotFoundException: Orphaned item
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:54:03 GMT
Hi Stefan

> well, this should never happen ;-)

 please provide more information about your
> setup, configuration, deployment, any custom extensions, usage pattern of
> javax.jcr.Session, etc.

Well, I think nothing really special;

I use Jackrabbit 1.3.1 with Java 1.6.0_02 (Linux).
I have a servlet application which uses the TransientRepository. There is
one "admin" session which is used for e.g. expiring objects and every
incoming call has it's own Session.

I have a concurrent thread problem in which sometimes the "admin" session
wants to remove a node which has been changed but not saved giving me the
"the item cannot be saved because it has been modified externally." error.
I am already working on a solution for my thread problem, I suspect that one
of these errors resulted in the "orphaned item" error.

I have no extensions (except for the extractor). I do have my own
AccesManager.

Jacco

--
Jacco van Weert -- 1111software@gmail.com