jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Br┬čuen <dbr...@saltation.de>
Subject Jackrabbit RAR Deployment in Glassfish (and on Mac OS X)
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:58:44 GMT
Hi!

After some struggling I managed to properly install Jackrabbit as a
connector module in Glassfish (V1 and V2). I do NOT recommend the
procedure that is described in the Wiki!

Here's what I have done.

1. Using the admin-console, create a new thread-pool for the connector
module (->Configuration->Thread Pools). I called it "jackrabbit-pool"
and left all parameters untouched.

---MAC OS X SPECIAL---
  Deployment of RAR's does not really work because of the
case-insensitive filesystem. You will get some FileNotFound-Exceptions,
because both a file called "LICENSE" and a directory called "license"
are created at the same place during the process. The solution is
annoying: Stop the server, move your domain to a USB-Stick formatted to
support HFS with case-sensitivity, create a symlink to that domain in
your application server, deploy the RAR, delete the file called
"LICENSE" in domain/applications/j2ee-modules/jackrabbit-jca-1.3.1/,
stop the Application Server and move the domain back to its original
location.
---END MAC OS X SPECIAL---

2. Using the admin-console, deploy a new connector module (resource
adapter) and upload the jackrabbit-jca-1.3.1.rar file
(->Applications->Connector Modules). Here, use the thread-pool you have
just created ("jackrabbit-pool").

3. Using the admin-console, create a new Connector connection pool
(->Resources->Connector Connection Pools). I called it
"jackrabbit-connection-pool". Then select the Resource Adapter you have
  just created (jackrabbit-jca-1.3.1).

4. Using the admin-console, create a new Connector Resource
(->Resources->Connector Resources), select the pool you have just
created and give your repository a suitable JNDI-Name, i chose
"jcr/repository".

You have to restart your application server now (because of the newly
created thread-pool). Now you should be able to use your repository via
JNDI. In my EE5-bean I simply inject the repository like this:

@Resource(mappedName="jcr/repository", type=javax.jcr.Repository.class)
     private Repository rep;

Cheers,
Dan