jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Br┬čuen <dbr...@saltation.de>
Subject Re: Repository Lock Problem in JEE-Environment
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:41:52 GMT
Hi Hendrik!

Hendrik Beck (camunda) schrieb:

> What deployment model do you use? Or do you start and shutdown the
> repository by your own application, e.g. in your beans?

I am using the shared deployment model and I have registered the jcr as
a custom JNDI-Resource in glassfish (exactly the way it is described in
the wiki). In my beans I simply do something like

  rep = (Repository) ctx.lookup("jcr/repository");

or use the @Resource annotation.

Both ways I regularly get messages like
"javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The repository home
/opt/jackrabbit/repository appears to be already locked by the current
process."

This message appears whenever I allow the system to idle for a while, or
on redeploy of my bean.

Cheers,
Dan