jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Reregistering Node Types in RMI
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:22:18 GMT
qcfireball wrote:

> This is not entirely true.  I have recently set this up on oyur servers to be
> able to do this.  For Jackrabbit 1.3, the RMI classes use the "generic" RMI
> classes.  There are, however, Jackrabbit specific classes that can be used
> to enable this type of functionality.

The original poster was talking about _re_registering nodetypes through
RMI. And that is indeed not possible right now. It is however possible
to register _new_ nodetypes as you state. I thought the original poster
already has this setup working, because he explicitly asked about
_re_registering. But maybe I was on the wrong path. Nevertheless I think
it would be nice to expose the functionality of reregistering through RMI.

Cheers,
Christoph