jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit clustering
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:15:49 GMT
Hi Hanno,

On 24/08/07, hjonas <hanno@rastaduck.org> wrote:
> Let's say we don't need transactional behaviour, would it be possible to use
> a shared filesystem folder (NFS) to store BLOBs? If yes, what configuration
> would be needed in such a case?

You're probably referring to the following setup: having a database
persistence manager that stores its blobs in the filesystem
(externalBLOBs=true). In this scenario, blobs are stored in a
directory named "blobs", located in either
${rep.home}/workspaces/${wsp.name} for workspaces or
${rep.home}/version for versioning. Unfortunately, this directory name
and location is not configurable, probably a good candidate for some
enhancement! Anyway, after having started my repository for the first
time, I renamed the BLOBStore's "blobs" directory and created a
symbolic link named "blobs" pointing at some NFS mount. From that
point on, blobs were stored at (retrieved from) that location. Keep in
mind, though, that filesystem operations are not automatically undone
if something goes wrong in a lengthy save operation (as opposed to
operations in a database).

Kind regards
Dominique